Devon Rotary Updates
October 21, 2019
4Q Rotary Events/Friends of Rotary:
- October 24th Literacy Volunteers of Southern CT
- November 3rd – Rotary Foundation Luncheon This luncheon recognizes the contribution of clubs and individuals to our Rotary Foundation 12:30om at Grassy Hill. RSVP to Erika
- November 9th – ADL Fundraiser at Klein Theater in Bridgeport - https://www.theklein.org/buy-tickets/upcoming-events/adl-voices-a-show-of-unity-2019/
- November 13th – prospective member Happy Hour! Please let Jason Jenkins know of anyone you would like to invite.
- November 22nd – Arlo Guthrie Polio Plus - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arlo-guthrie-alices-restaurant-50th-anniversary-tour-tickets-67924675533
- November 29th – Tree Lighting on Milford Green
- December 12th – CT Shoreline Rotaract Fundraiser at Downtown Cabaret in Bridgeport https://tickets.mycabaret.org/eventperformances.asp?evt=171
- December 13th – Devon Rotary Holiday Party at the Borough Hall in Woodmont. 8pm.
Wednesday morning Speakers:
- October 23rd – Kathleen Gerrity from CT Burn Foundation /Installation of Joey Seymour
- October 30rd – Rotarian Tony Andriolas will talk “Medicare 101 – updates for 2020” I encourage you to bring your spouse! You should revisit your options annually; things change a lot with from year to year!
- November 6th -Megan Altomare from Boys and Girls Club of Milford will update us…there so much going on with the club!
- November 13th – The heads of our district will be at our meeting to present our Presidential Citation. Anita worked to help us meet the criteria and qualify us! This is a big deal and I hope we have a great turnout at this meeting.
- The Rotary Citation recognizes Rotary clubs that support our strategic priorities by completing certain activities. Clubs have the entire Rotary year to achieve the citation’s goals. Rotary can automatically verify many of your club’s achievements as long as you keep your club and member information up-to-date in My Rotary. To be eligible for the Rotary Citation, clubs need to begin the year as active clubs that are in good standing and remain so throughout the year. Achievements will be compared with membership figures from 1 July 2019 and will be recognized after the 1 July 2020 numbers are final, on 15 August 2020.
- Also, Zoe O’Neil from Interact will update us on RYLA
- Dec 8th - Need volunteers to serve lunch
- Community Room –We are partnering with Lowe’s to remodel the front former worship room to a multipurpose room. Lowe’s has $2500 to use, so this will cost Rotary nothing except for our physical contribution! Stay tuned for more info on how we can help with painting, etc.